Monday, April 1, 2013

In Darkness by Nick Lake

Name: Naorin H. Grade: 11
Title & Author:  In Darkness by Nick Lake
Impression? AwfulRecommend? No
Favorite part?   I had no favorite part.
Favorite character? Why?  I had no favorite character.
Small summary:  Shorty gets stuck alive under the rubble from a hospital that collapsed during the 2010 earthquake in Haiti. He tells his story of how he got to that point as he dreams of Toussaint L'Ouverture, the Haitian rebel who led the slave revolt 200 years ago.
Additional feedback: This book was so boring that I couldn't finish it, which means it must be incredibly boring because I always make an effort to finish a book no matter how much I dislike it. It was much too slow and just kept going on and on about things rather than moving forward. The Then chapters were especially boring because they were all historical and I'm not a fan of history.


No comments:

Post a Comment