Wednesday, March 27, 2013

In Darkness by Nick Lake


Name: Hannah C. Grade: 9
Title & Author: In Darkness by Nick Lake
What was your impression of the book?: Awful
Recommend ? No
Favorite part? I don't have a favorite part because I gave up reading it after the first 40 pages. In my opinion, the book was dry and its style just didn't pique my interest or grab my attention.

Favorite character? Why? Like I said, I didn't finish the book but I did like Shorty's twin, Marguerite. A person who can find hope in the midst of poverty and violence is an automatic favorite of mine.

Summary:
Shorty is trapped under the ruins of a hospital destroyed by the 2010 earthquake. As he struggles to survive, his story begins to intertwine with that of a slave from the past named Toussaint. Toussaint's spirit sort of appears to Shorty and helps keep him alive long enough until help can get through the rubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment