Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I Kill Giants by Joe Kelly

Name: Bethany Grade: 10
Title & Author:  I Kill Giants by Joe Kelly and J.M. Ken Niimura (illustrator) 
What was your impression of this book?:  Okay


Would you recommend this book to a friend: No
What was your favorite part? 
I like when the main character, Barbara, met Sophia.  Even though a few seconds of a time with Sophia  allowed the reader to understand that she was quite the opposite of Barbara, optimistic and bubbly, to say the least.
Who was your favorite character? Why?
I liked Sophia.  She was so sweet, and stuck with Barbara even though any other person could have easily thought she was crazy. 
Write a small summary (without giving away the ending)
Barbara, a young, creative girl, is facing a tough time in her life. Her mother is suffering from cancer, and her sister, Karen, although giving all she can give isn't able to hold up the house without her. Barbara is bullied in school constantly by a girl named Taylor, and she is constantly pestered by school guidance counselors and principals. But, Barbara meets a new girl named Sophie who may be able to accept her for who she is and what she does...kill giants. 
 Write a small summary (without giving away the ending)
The book was alright but it was way too short. I read the entire thing in an hour and I really don't like comic books so it's not my thing.  Plus, I'm not a fan of Dungeons and Dragons or any of that video-gaming stuff, but I read the book and found some comfort with Sophia and Ms. Mollie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment